Translate

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Worth Mentioning

So there is a quote from the movie "Get Rich Or Die Trying"...and don't even start with the rolling of the eyes...that movie was a biography of a man's life...and it was a pretty crazy life...but either way I am here to discuss the quote.

Terrance Howard plays Bama...a guy who saves Curtis Jackson (50 cent) from getting murked in the showers.  There is a scene were this guy is giving Bama some hard stares and Bama let's this guy and everyone else know that he doesn't like or trust this kid...and everyone is trying to tell him that the guy is cool...and so he says " Its like when I'm right I'm right, when I'm wrong I could been right, so I'm still right cause I coulda been wrong, you know, and I'm sorry cause I could be wrong right now, I could be wrong, but if I'm right...
I used to laugh at this whenever I heard it because I thought no...sometimes you are just wrong.  But when I was flipping through channels and I came upon this exact scene tonight, I took a whole other meaning from it.  I think what he was trying to say is even if I am wrong and this guy turns out to be cool...I am not wrong because my heart was in the right place by saying something.  If I feel like something isn't right, it is my position that I should say something, because even if my premonition is wrong, my desire to protect my friends and family is on point...so I am right either way...and I like that.

This movie is not even in my top 10, but I still love it so all you hatorades pour out your cup of hatorade.  This movie was greatly written because they told a really raw story and didn't even try to water it down.  The opening scene shows this ten year old kid describing his Mom.  He acknowledges that he knew that his Mother sold drugs, but as he so eloquently puts it "Selling drugs didn't mean anything to me but a place of our own, and new sneakers."  She is driving him along and they are singing and all of a sudden she drives up on this dude selling on her corner.  She tells him to stay in the car, and just goes and rushes on this dude!  Naturally this boy loses his Mother some months later...she was burned to death in her own house, and he has to go live with his grandparents who already have about 8 other children living there.  He is forced to sleep in a bed with three of his cousins.  The writing so good that when he at 12 years old is out in the street slanding, you aren't even that shocked.  The story unfolds and is interesting to follow...so I suggest checking it out,  but if you don't at least you got a good quote out of reading all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment